Why Avalon Elementary School?
- High Achievement– Our commitment to academic excellence is cornerstone to our building. Through demonstrated merit and superior academic results, our students are driven to succeed.
- Smaller School– Our students benefit from personalized, supportive relationships. Small class sizes allow teachers to become engaged with each student and present the material on a personal level.
- Personalized Learning– Our experienced teachers lead dynamic classes that are responsive to the individualized needs of each student. Teachers employ multiple teaching styles to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the material.
- Student Growth – The Avalon staff is dedicated to providing the knowledge students need to solve a diverse range of problems.
- Collaboration – The Avalon staff will support a warm, caring, secure environment where learning is an exciting adventure.
- Real World Education– The Avalon staff will encourage students to be creative and take risks without fear of failure.
- Community Values– The Avalon staff will take value in individual student uniqueness and provide a variety of teaching styles to reach the needs of all students.
Leading Excellence – Avalon Elementary academic objectives:
- All students will be proficient with informational text.
- All students will be proficient writers in all areas of the curriculum.
- All students will be proficient users of mathematics.
- All students will be proficient with scientific concepts and applications.
All students will demonstrate knowledge, skills and understanding of concepts in social studies.