March 23, 2020
Dear South Lake Schools Community:
At 11:00 AM today Governor Whitmer issued a “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order to help suppress the spread of COVID-19 which goes into effect at 12:01 AM March 24, 2020 and extends through April 13, 2020. Later this afternoon, the Governor’s office issued the following statement regarding K-12 food services:
"Gov. Whitmer is committed to ensuring that Michigan students have access to the food they need during the COVID-19 pandemic. Under the governor's executive order, K-12 school food services are considered critical infrastructure and should continue. The governor deeply appreciates the vital work that our frontline school employees are doing every day to ensure that our kids have the food they need while the order is in effect."
South Lake Schools began distribution of food to our students on March 18, 2020, and remains committed to providing our students the food they need moving forward. The following guidelines will remain in effect regarding the distribution of meals in South Lake Schools:
- A meal will consist of one pre-bagged breakfast and one pre-bagged lunch
- Meals are eligible to students 18 years old and younger
- Students do not need to be present to obtain a meal
- A meal can be picked up by a parent/guardian/family member
- Student meals are served from 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Meals are available for pickup at the South Lake High School Bistro (located on the east side of the high school off of Cavalier Drive)
South Lake Schools has served this community since 1898 and will serve our students another 122 years if we continue to work together. Thank you for your unwavering support and GO CAVS!